Are you wanting to learn how to create a membership site for your program or course?
One question I noticed a lot of people asking was how do you build your membership sites? Do you use Kajabi? Do you use ClickFunnels? Which one is best for a membership site?
Setting up a membership site with Kajabi gives the user a much better experience, and it looks more professional.
However, when you set up a membership site with ClickFunnels, many of the automations are taken care of inside the ClickFunnels Software.
In this article, I’m going to answer these questions and give you an inside look into each platform so you can make the best decision to meet your needs.
Creating A Membership Site Using ClickFunnels
The cool thing about this is both ClickFunnels and Kajabi make it really easy so you don’t have to have any technical knowledge when it comes to building out a membership site.
So if you have a course or if you have a training program that you’re want to promote you can easily sign up for ClickFunnels or Kajabi and build out a membership area within the same day, and maybe within the same hour if you’re quick enough.
First, we’re going to look at setting up a membership site in ClickFunnels.
Here are the steps:
- Add new funnel – Click on classic funnel builder, which is preferred over the cookbook funnel builder.
- Click on create custom funnel
- Click on build funnel
- Choose a template to use – Using a template makes the funnel creation process much simpler and quicker.
- Add the membership portal – this is where people will sign in to the membership area.
- Put in place the different pages – You can do this now or later, but it’s an important step. You simply need to choose all the steps of your funnel. For example, a sales page, an order page, a thank you page, etc. You do this by clicking on add new step.
- Restrict access – You can set it up so only those people who pay have access to the membership site.
- Choose drip delay or all access – You can set it up so each lesson shows up in the membership site a day apart or you can have all the lessons accessible as soon as people sign in.
- Edit your funnel – It is a simple drag and drop feature where you can quickly and easily edit your funnel. You will want to add your own logo, copy, and videos.
- Change the SEO meta data – This is important to help people find your funnel and know what it’s about. Don’t skip this step.
- You can preview your funnel to make sure it looks the way you want it to.
And now you’re done. You have a membership area set up in ClickFunnels that you can start promoting and start giving away to get people in the door.
If you’re new to ClickFunnels and would like to watch my ClickFunnels playlist to familiarize yourself with the software, click here.
Creating a Membership Site Using Kajabi
I personally prefer using Kajabi to host my membership sites. I feel it looks more professional and it has a cleaner look.
To set up a membership site in Kajabi is very, very simple.
Here are the steps:
- Add a product – click on add product, which will be your course.
- Name your product – Name your membership site.
- You can add new sections – If your course has more than one topic, for example, you can have multiple sections with the lessons in each section.
- Add the lessons – As in ClickFunnels, you can either drip delay the lessons if you have a lesson or section you don’t want to give out yet or you could choose to give full access to all the lessons.
- Add a new category and give it a name
- Click on add new post – You do this by clicking on the plus icon. This is where you can name your lessons.
- Add videos and thumbnails – record your video and save it to your computer. Then you can upload it to Kajabi, adding it to the lesson you want it in.
- Edit details – This is where you can add a title and text, customize the background, change the theme, colors, etc. Be sure to click on activate when changing the theme.
- Click publish to make it live.
- You can preview your work to see how it looks and if you want to change anything.
Now you’re done. It’s very, very simple but still looks very professional. It looks like you took a lot of time or hired a developer and your customers nine times out of ten won’t know that you’re using a service like Kajabi to host your course.
I think Kajabi looks more professional than ClickFunnels. But I use ClickFunnels for my sales and use the integration to connect Kajabi and ClickFunnels together. That way I get the best of both worlds.
If you want to build a membership site in now or in the future, I highly recommend that you either use Kajabi or ClickFunnels, or, you could also do what I do, and use both platforms to integrate into each other for a premium membership site experience!
Be sure to get access to either or both systems here:
If you are a visual learning like me you can check out the full YouTube video showing you how you can do this! Check it out!
If you found this post helpful. Make sure to save this pin for later! You could save it to your Website board or Membership Site board.